Friday, November 5, 2010

The toilet gods are angry.

So I'm lying on the couch (which never happens, but I'm sick today and trying not to be a total wreck for tomorrow's all-day robotics competition)(so I will have the necessary mental fortitude to deal with ten-year-old boys crying on my shoulders when they don't win)(which they have not a snowball's chance in hell of doing) attempting to be unconscious when I hear a loud ga-GLURG ga-GLURG ga-GLURG coming from the bathroom.  Upon investigation, I find that all the water in the toilet has mysteriously disappeared. Feeling like the heroine in a campy horror B-movie (think "Alligator"), I reach over and flush the toilet, and a large geyser of water shoots up and splashes back down.
This is as far as the current installment of the indoor-plumbing saga has gotten, but I will keep you posted, unless I am eaten by a mutant sewer-dwelling reptile.

In other news, nothing I can say or do serves to convince Owen that God didn't intend boogers as an anytime snack.

3 comments:

  1. Hope the robotic competition, and the toilet problem, worked out OK. And that you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booger eating is a middle child thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would appear to be true. Neither Alec or Isaac has ever had the remotest interest in eating a booger.

    ReplyDelete