Saturday, December 25, 2010

cumpleanos feliz!

So I had my first experience (though probably not my last, judging by the makeup of Alec's kindergarten class) as a guest at a latino birthday party this weekend. I am, in general, famously underdressed, and this was no exception; all other females present were wearing patent leather heels and had their hair professionally styled in swirly little doodles...it actually felt kind of like prom, if prom entailed half a roasted pig and a two-foot-tall castle cake complete with turrets and spires and whatnot. Actually, the cake looked like the hairdresser might have gotten hold of it.
My little monsters had a splendid time, as there were about twenty-five other kids under the age of ten, and running around screaming is totally tolerated, and even encouraged. The good news is that none of my progeny peed on the front stoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment