Tuesday, February 7, 2012

silver linings

I am home sick from school for the second day this week. At least, the second half-day. I have been going in the mornings to proctor ability tests for second graders, which is sketchy on a good day ( I really think second grade is too early to test for gifted ability and expect solid results, at least in a whole-class type setting. I have kids who I know are extremely bright getting, like, 38th %ile on this test, which is just silly. ANYWAY.)

The first day I came home, something wonderful and amazing happened. I called my mom and she picked my kids up from school and brought soup over for dinner. It was wonderful and amazing.

Today on my way home, I stopped by the cafe so my husband could make me something warm and yummy (and if any of you are not afraid of being 'that' customer - the one your barista will mock, and rightly so, when you are out of earshot - I would highly recommend jasmine tea with steamed vanilla soymilk. It is worth barista-mockery.) I set my warm, yummy treasure safely in my cupholder, already dreaming of lying on the couch sipping it, when Daisy sneezed point-blank on top of it, and then licked it.

At this point, I'm thinking I'm already sick, so what difference will a few dog germs make? I know for a fact she's too old and fat to lick her butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment