Monday, January 9, 2012

Well, against my better judgment, I looked up what exactly a nematode is (apparently UNL has a fairly renowned Nematology department; just another of the many cool things that go on in Nebraska), and I am sort of wishing I hadn't.
I will not go into detail (the University of Nebraska's Nematology Department website went into considerable detail), but apparently the largest ones can be 8 meters long. And the ones in my fridge are specifically predatory.

If I don't show up to work one day, that's probably why. That, or I contracted brain-eating amoeba from using a neti pot.

2 comments:

  1. In a related category....I'm borrowing someone's SIM card, and am subscribed to 'daily fun facts' by text message. Today's was 'Did you know that blood sucking hookworms inhabit 700 million people worldwide?'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Very Interesting neighbor read somewhere that being infected with hookworms cures allergies, and apparently you can be therapeutically worm-infested. She is considering it. Having only rarely suffered allergies, I should not judge, but I'm thinking voluntary worm infestation would be a notch or two above diving with sharks for fun things to do on a Saturday.

      Delete