Sunday, January 29, 2017

a brief history of my mental breakdown, or, I need more Tuesday and less Sunday


Friday, Jan 20: Denial and avoidance. Okay, semi-avoidance...found inaugural speech highlights on the interwebs.

Saturday, Jan 21: Feeling hopeful, buoyed by millions of protestors. Telling myself, 'we just have to be better and stronger, and we are better and stronger! We got this!'

Sunday, Jan 22: Optimism crashes and burns, slide into deep, dark, sucking abyss

Monday, Jan 23: Snarl at my students, grump at husband, binge-eat mint chip ice cream.

Tuesday, Jan 24: Join local NPR station, donate my raise to Planned Parenthood. Pull on reflective tights and go for a run, in the snow, in the dark, in 18 degrees.

Wednesday, Jan 25: Crying and drinking, general disbelief

Thursday, Jan 26: Birthday. Telling myself that 40 is as good a time as any to level up my badassery. Also, was serenaded by a clown.

Friday, Jan 27: Numb shock and exhaustion. How is this possibly really what is actually happening?

Saturday, Jan 28: Facebook is making me hyperventilate, but I can't look away...

Sunday, Jan 29: teetering over aforementioned abyss, keep it at bay with potato chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment