Saturday, January 7, 2017

stuff you probably don't need to read

Also read Catalyst by the revered YA author Laurie Halse Anderson. I haven't read anything else she's written, and will probably (okay, maybe) get around to some of her more acclaimed stuff, but then again I might not. Catalyst was fine, but it did not excite me at all in any way, and for God's sake, it's January, and the inside of my brain is starting to feel like the Donner expedition, and I need something that's going to light me up - like a story about sentient fungus!!
In the next room, however, my kids are watching Kubo and the Two Strings, which is pretty damn delightful (though, okay, would it kill anyone to have the Asian leads voiced by Asian actors? Show them how it's done, Book of Life. But if that doesn't bug you *too* much then it's a great story).

No comments:

Post a Comment